Survivor: Malawi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Malawi Fanfic

5 posters

Go down

The Malawi Fanfic Empty The Malawi Fanfic

Post  Admin Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 pm

So I figured the best way to cast for:
The Malawi Fanfic Surviv11

on Survivor Sucks in the future was to come up with a decent fanfic based off of our adventures here in Malawi and announce halfway through the arrival of the fanfic that I was looking to do another season and that anyone interested could message me about it but that I wasn't allowed to really advertise about it or what not. Basically step around the wrath of Antithesys the evil mod who banned me for trying to get you guys. So anyway every good fanfic needs a decent beginning to get the reader there. So just some feedback on what happens below. This is for everyone. A little response would be nice. Some of you are even featured in this little preview.

Ok, here goes.

A cargo plane soared over the sprawling dry lands below. Several densely populated villages passed by underneath. It’d been a dreadful twelve hour flight from the Tampa, Florida airport that fifteen of them had had to fly themselves to before that. Each of them began to smile as they realized the familiar feeling of the plane changing its angle of flight as it descended. Already impressions were forming. One of them looked out his window to scan the arid climate below. As the plane touched down a slow clap began and quickly faded out due to the shaky ground of unfamiliarity. The plane opened and someone let out a cry of relief until…

“Damnit…” said the young girl in back. She had long hair, a lip ring and thick eyeliner. A few more groaned as they noticed the Safari Car’s in front of them. Someone in production told them to gather round and prepare for the cameras to start up. An older woman with flowing white hair squinted her eyes against the hot African sunlight. Shifting her weight back and forth she was eager to begin.

“Alright,” said the venerable host, Jeff Probst. Despite having seen the game play out before him dozens of times, the man looked positively excited to watch this group get going. Casting this season had been rather exciting. Throughout the interviews they had found fourteen contestants they knew had to be on the show. His smile reassured some of them and softened the mood in the air. “We will begin by dividing tribes. Betsy, you will be a part of Tombuka.”

The beautiful older woman walked her way over to the red-mat with the air of a young diva. She swiftly turned around, bobbed her head and folded her arms waiting for the rest of her tribemates.
“Finishing out Tombuka are, Phillip, Muriel, Taro, Yasmin, Tai, and Adan. For the Lomwe tribe, I need Alice, Courtney, Roger, Niel, Felicity, Zayden and Kiyle.”

As the two tribes climbed into the backs of their respective jeeps Jeff decided a few words of advice were necessary before he began filming the usual climactic season opener.

“It’ll be a long hard thirty-nine days, but don’t put too much stress on yourselves. It’s day one. Get to know each other. That’s step one.”
With that the crew director signaled the drivers it was time to go. And with that the two jeeps began an almost direct beeline to opposite sides of the Malawi preserve.

For the Tombuka tribe, the thirty-one year old Asian-American woman Tai squinted her eyes in the bright Malawi sun. It was about ninety-four degrees outside. The air was stale and dry. The young woman fidgeted her knee constantly much to the annoyance of some of her tribe mates. Tai knew it too. The librarian from Minnesota lifted her thumb to her lips and began chewing her nail. This would be a habit her tribe mates would begin to see often.

Understanding Tai Xuan would a difficult task for the tribe to achieve. A shy reserved girl who had few friends growing up and been made fun of often, she became a librarian as to have a job with little interaction of the human variety. Her only reason for applying for the show had been for whimsy. When she actually got a call she joked with her friend that it may be funny to head out. Noticing Tai’s severe reservations and nervous ticks, the casting director has signed her up within fifteen minutes of the interview. The casting session that day had been a great one and so the show needed a first boot they wouldn’t have to spend too much time on.

Tai was also a woman far more interested in the indoors side of life and hadn’t spent a particularly great amount of time outside aside from her mother’s birthday on the beach. She would glance around nervously and quickly cast her face down whenever somebody attempted to make eye contact.

Her heart was racing. This was a mistake. She shouldn’t be here. She should be reading a book in the cranny of the library. Dear *Hate Speech*…these people were going to try to get to know her. She would very much begin to miss her interactions with strangers being as simple as, “On the second floor. You’ll find that book in Aisle G.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivormalawi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Malawi Fanfic Empty Re: The Malawi Fanfic

Post  Admin Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Meanwhile the Lomwe jeep had already arrived at camp. It was a random plot of flatland that tall lush grass grew from. A few hedges surrounded the area. What made the area particularly distinct however was the lush green tree that cat-tail like appendages were hanging from.

Diane, the thirty-three year old Chemical Engineer from Michigan stared on in wonderment at this unique tree. Born with an inquisitive scientific mind, Diane had gone through most of her life finding little challenge with much of anything. In Elementary School Diane had been a master of gymnastics with talent rarely seen from those of her age. In Middle School she began dance and comedy. She won her school talent show three years in a row with her stand-up comedy and her rhythmic jazz routines. In High School she had become an accomplished thespian with the level of talent often seen only from veterans from the theatre. Despite the insistence of friends and family she didn’t pursue a degree in the arts she opted for a life of science. See, Diane refused to continue doing things once they bored her. Science was the only thing in the world Diane found challenging and as such it was where she devoted her time.

She was the last to hop out of the jeep. She glanced around at her tribe as they began introducing themselves. She prepared herself to become the infectious charming socialite she often channeled in new situations. Diane could be incredibly charming and often was the darling of events she attended. Before she opened her mouth however, she made a snap decision. Hang out with the young one named Felicity, and stay away from the man who identified as Roger and said he was a writer. He didn’t seem like her type. He would have to go. Diane came out here for one reason. To kick ass. To be naturally gifted at just another activity and get some money to help her mom afford a new house. As she opened her mouth and introduced herself she had a true genuine smile. This was going to be easy.

Muriel, a fifty-two year old interior designer from Kentucky had fallen in love with her tribe. She had been an artist all of her life and this tribe had six players in artistic careers. She was going to be able to have deep conversations with these people about theory and post-modernism and a host of other things that often excited Muriel. The oldest player in the game, Muriel had come out here just for the experience. A recent breast-cancer survivor, Muriel had a new lease on life and often came across as having the jubilance of someone far younger.

To live in the wild… To try to survive and compete with strangers… It was all so exciting that it had Muriel giggling often as the tribe began getting to know each other and setting up their camp. Shelter was not of top priority, as Jeff had informed them all that there would likely be zero rain the entire time they would be out here. Instead, they needed water.

+++++++++++++++++++++

At Lomwe, Courtney, a thirty-three year old C.E.O. volunteered to head an expedition for water using the map at their tree-mail. Going along with her was Kiyle, the twenty-three year old actor from Chicago. Much to her dismay, the tribe had not wanted to accomplish their first task together. Alice, Diane, and Zayden were working on attempting to get fire while Roger, Felicity and Niel took in their surroundings and got to know one another better.

Of course it had all been strategic. As C.E.O. she knew that attention to Maslow’s Hierarchy would be key in the first week out here. If she could give these people their basic needs and give them security, she would rise to the top. Plus it was quite clear to her that Kiyle was kind of slow to catch on to things. He would be the first of her string of pawns.

“All I’m saying is that, it’s like, Africa, and she is wearing all of that make-up!”

Kiyle had been talking about Alice, the twenty year old hairstylist from New York City. She had left an impression on all of them because of her personal appearance.

“I mean like, what was she thinking going on Survivor with piercings and eyeliner and everything…I mean, it isn’t even going to rain so she is just going to end up looking like Ke$ha in a few days.”

“Who?”

Courtney had never heard of the popular performer.

“She’s like, this real trashy performer who always has make-up that looks like she put it on the night before and slept with it and stuff.”

“Oh.”

Kiyle shrugged. Meeting people is generally an awkward experience; but only for a minute or so. He had no read on Courtney though which made the navigation to their water supply quite uncomfortable. She often gave him short responses and was tough to understand.

If there was one thing Kiyle prided himself on, it was his ability to talk and get to know people. In fact it would end up being his one and only strategy out here. You see, Kiyle knew he wouldn’t be a great physical asset. Hell, Kiyle would be surprised if he ended up being a strategic threat. What Kiyle did know was that he had seen Natalie White win a million dollars in Samoa just by being people’s friends in their time of need. Doing his research he found the exact same thing true of Danni Boatwright, J.T. Thomas, and Bob Crowley. While Survivor had always been a show he enjoyed watching, it wasn’t until after Samoa that Kiyle began applying for the show. To be here was a surreal experience and yet, the first person he had found himself alone with was proving to be a very aloof experience.
Had Kiyle overestimated himself? Why couldn’t he figure out who Courtney really was? Or even get her to speak?

Courtney saw the internal struggle Kiyle was going through and smirked. Her plan was working. It was obvious to her that both Kiyle and Diane were to be the social butterflies within the Lomwe tribe. They would likely gang up and talk incessantly about things that mattered not to Courtney. What mattered was that if you controlled one, you would likely control them both. Two birds, one stone.

“Can I get to the point?”

Courtney had risen to power in her own company through her own brand of directness. She had no time for people who dilly-dallied around the points they were trying to make and her superiors had always had respect for this. So to, did Courtney believe she would find power in Malawi. After all, the most important thing for any tribe was to find people they could trust. What was more trust-worthy than someone who would never ever bullshit you?

“Yeah, go ahead.”

Kiyle’s interest was piqued. Not only was a water supply clearly in the distance, but it looked like Courtney was ready to get to the point.
“Look, I don’t want to be perceived as some crazy woman, but I like to be around people who I find interesting. I think you’re an interesting guy Kiyle.”
It was a lie. She was lying right to his face and he was eating it up.
“I also think you and I would be a pretty neat duo working together in this game. We both need the money bad. The secretary and the actor?”

“True. Those aren’t the best paid jobs ever…”

Kiyle was beginning to buy into it. He also noted down in his brain quickly that Courtney was a secretary. He hadn’t known this before. Nor did he know that it was complete B.S. and that Courtney herself had two secretaries of her own.

“So all I’m proposing is that we work together for a while and see if it works out. No pressure. If it doesn’t work out down the line, I understand.”
Kiyle thought about what she said for a few seconds. And then…

“I like it… Deal!”

And with that they shook hands, and the first alliance of the entire game had been struck. From this point forward the game had been changed.

++++++++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am

For those who are interested in how Nepal preparation is coming along.

http://survivornepal.forumotion.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity_Atkins Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 pm

I just love how the fanfic is progressing! I hope you are able to finish the whole thing, it looks pretty ambitious!
Felicity_Atkins
Felicity_Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallace_Griffin Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 am

Nice work, my only problem:

“We will begin by dividing tribes. Betsy, you will be a part of Tombuka.”

The beautiful older woman walked her way over to the red-mat with the air of a young diva. She swiftly turned around, bobbed her head and folded her arms waiting for the rest of her tribemates.
“Finishing out Tombuka are, Phillip, Muriel, Taro, Yasmin, Tai, and Adan."

YOU FORGOT ME!!! Come on Jeff, you remembered fricken Muriel over me.
Wallace_Griffin
Wallace_Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 am

Well I sure am glad you brought that up! You almost got shafted by editing on accident!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallace_Griffin Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:30 am

Unless I'm getting an "ignore Wallace in the premiere because he wins it all in the end" edit. Then its okay.
Wallace_Griffin
Wallace_Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adán_Aguilar Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Are you aware that the Kylan guy in the Nepal thing is an actual former Survivor? (Dan Mano from Israeli version)

Anyway; I approve of this fanfic. You should definitely keep writing.
Adán_Aguilar
Adán_Aguilar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Yeah I know, I just thought 95% of people wouldn't notice. Huge props to you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Welcome back Jeff!!! looks like you have a kick ass tan going on there.... hahaha. Anyhow, have you had the opportunity to advance the Malawi fanfic at all? given the meticulous nature of your writing, it appears very ambitious and looks like a lot of hard work for you.

thanks again for the great season!
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down